Welcome to the Block 4 media lab site with pages on media art and music by Akustikkoppler, Das Kombinat, Xyramat, Notstandskomitee, TMS, codepage and Elektronengehirn.
Contact is mktsteiner AT gmail DOT com
Booking is handled through: booking AT tmkm DOT dk
Block 4 is a media lab, label and studio located in Aalborg (DK).
While many embedded media come with players from the usual suspects like Youtube, Soundcloud etc, some videos are directly hosted on block 4 in the software-patent free Ogg Therora format, viewable in Firefox or Chrom/ium browser.
Ahead lies up to 100 pages for your enjoyment and research, but there are even further outlets of block 4:
- some nice, eclectic mixtapes with rare stuff and exclusive concert recordings from block 4 artists
- blog 4
- our official blog on Googles Blogger
- our video outlet on Youtube
- more Youtube
- our older channel on Youtube
- our side on Facebook
- Steiners account on Twitter
also consider our newsletter
- new on Youtube: concert video of Tina Mariane Krogh Madsen: condensation at Lasher Fest 23, Musikkens Hus Aalborg (DK), 16. September 2023
- Side-Line reviews the block 4 releases THX 1971: Minimal ist meine Wahl and Notstandskomitee: The Doomsday Layout
- we posted the Elektronengehirn concert video from the 8.September on Youtube
- next exhibition of Malte Steiners art project The Big Crash is going to be 8. September - 22. October 2023 at Kulturhus Björkboda (FI). Also exhibiting there in the same timeframe will be Tina Mariane Krogh Madsen with her soloexhibition (being) a multiplicity. Opening with feature a performance by Madsen and the Elektronengehirn concert piece for modular synthesizer and real estate data.
- block 4 released the new album compounds by Tina Mariane Krogh Madsen as download and limited edition CD. The album consists of tracks created and produced between 2015 and 2023 in Fljótstunga & Seyðisfjörður (IS), Berlin (DE), Aalborg (DK), and Helsinki (FI). As an album, it moves across the conceptual, to intensity, noise and silence where each composition embody multiple entities, as compounds, in both their sounding and wording.
the block 4 website is permanently updated to complete the documentation, here are the recent changes:
- Notstandskomitee releases